Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Salary: 37.23 hourly, $ 54,330-$ 77,736 annually
Date posted: 05/14/2013
Closing Date: 05/24/2013
Full job description
This advanced landscape architectural position exists to design major recreational development projects, coordinate the efforts of professionals on multi-disciplinary projects, and acquire lands of statewide ecological significance.
Develop and coordinate all phases of project design from feasibility through construction for DNR outdoor recreation facilities so that projects can be bid and constructed in compliance with State and Federal statutes, regulations, and code requirements.
Provide technical assistance to Program Managers, field staff, other units of government and the general public.
Assist Program Managers with their programs through analysis, public presentation, research, goal setting, and creative design and implementation strategies.
-Bachelor?s Degree Landscape Architecture, or closely related field of study.
- 3 years experience as a licensed landscape architect; registered
with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience and Interior Design as a professional landscape architect. This experience must include designing outdoor natural resources and recreation projects; experience with sustainable design, and experience with ADA requirements as they relate to natural resources projects.
- Licensed Landscape Architect in the State of Minnesota.
- Excellent communication skills are required, including the ability to listen to customer needs and develop clear project goals; the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing, sufficient to present proposals, changes, and alterations to specifications and plans to individuals and groups.
- Principles and practices of landscape architecture sufficient to develop design, and produce construction plans and specifications.
- Stormwater management and code and permit requirements.
- Prepare landscape plans and specifications sufficient to communicate requirements to construction project management.
- Use current AutoCAD Civil 3D software with proficiency, Excel, Word, Adobe Pro, and Outlook Email software.
- Perform complex computations in support of proposals of estimates sufficient to provide accurate and understandable information to project and agency staff.
- To work well in a team setting, and be a positive and productive team member.
Requires a Class D Driver's License: a single unit vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of less than 26,000 pounds. This is a basic driver's license. Operators may also tow vehicles/trailers as long as the gross combination weight does not exceed 26,000 pounds.
- Experience designing outdoor natural resources and recreation projects; experience with sustainable design, and experience with ADA requirements as they relate to natural resources projects.
The selection process is a resume-based, skill-matching process. Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.
If you have already submitted a resume to this database within the last 12 months that clearly identifies your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience, you do not need to submit another.
Most State selection processes utilize a resume-based screening process. You will be contacted by agency staff if your background best matches the selection criteria on this job posting. To apply for this position, click the APPLY box found at the bottom of this job announcement. For additional information about the State's selection process, go to <http://www.careers.state.mn.us/job-tip>.
Full job description
Date posted: May 17, 2013