- Published: 14 February 2017
The City of Minneapolis Community Planning and Economic Development Long Range Planning Department is seeking a Senior City Planner. The city is accepting applications until March 6th.
- Published: 27 January 2017
Stantec Consulting Services, Inc., a global and leading Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Engineering, and Planning firm, is seeking a summer Landscape Architecture Intern.
Our St. Paul office of12 designers and urban planners work closely with our in-house civil, water resource, and structural engineers and related professions on a daily basis. Whether it's an urban park, innovative urban community, or riverfront brownfield redevelopment, we collaborate to design the spaces that make communities feel like home. Stantec is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers happen. Our highly experienced, multi-disciplinary team specializes in master planning; urban design, park and recreation design; bicycle, pedestrian, and multiuse trails; outdoor sports and athletic facilities; and, transit-oriented development. We connect the people, places, and resources that take a project from concept to reality. Our studios are client-centered, business casual, friendly, but a fast-paced environment to work in.
Interns will be encouraged to develop their skills while supporting our team with new project proposals, existing conditions analysis, concept design, and production of construction documents, project presentation graphics, and construction observation.
Candidate Capabilities and Credentials:
Applicants should be a current student or recent graduate of an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree Landscape Architecture program. We are seeking somebody with excellent design, graphic, computer, writing, and technical skills, and are self-motivated and passionate about design. The ideal candidate should have strong time management, critical thinking, and organizational skills, and have the ability to work with others, as well as independently. Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, SketchUp and Adobe programs is essential.
- Published: 27 January 2017
This position, under direction of the MnDOT SRA Program Manager and the general supervision of the Site Development Unit Supervisor, exists to:
- Provide experienced professional/technical landscape architectural support to Minnesota Department of Transportation’s (MnDOT) Safety Rest Area (SRA) Program and as available to the Site Development Unit.
- Assist the MnDOT SRA Program Manager, as necessary.
- Bring professional expertise in areas of planning; preliminary and detail site design; and preparation of construction documents.
- Coordinate work activities. Activities include, design development and preparation of or the review of consultant prepared construction plans, specifications and cost opinion.
- Participate as a member of project design teams.
- Review and provide comment on department-prepared and consultant-prepared design and construction documents.Provide typical landscape architectural construction observation activities.
- Published: 24 January 2017
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is now recruiting for Summer 2017 Planning Internships.
MnDOT Planning Intern - $18.66/hr.
MnDOT's planning responsibilities consist of a range of activities. These include writing plans, conducting public and stakeholder outreach, data analysis, setting and managing the program to performance outcomes, and forming the capital investment program. As a Planning Intern, you'll be exposed to state-level, system-wide transportation planning.
Positions are available in the following areas: Bike and Pedestrian Section, Freight and Commercial Vehicle Operations Office, Investment/Policy Planning Unit, and Construction District 8 (Greater MN). Position responsibilities and desired qualifications vary by area.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Geography, Urban Studies, Political Science, Economics, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Science, Communications, or similar field; Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Visit http://www.dot.state.mn.us/planning/program/internship.html for more information and to apply.
Applications accepted through Monday, February 27th.
Please Note: An additional Summer 2017 Internship is available in District 4 (Greater MN). This position uses a different application process. Visit the District 4 website for more information.
Contact: Siri Simons, email@example.com, 651-366-4834.